Providing regulatory assurance on our growing footprint is critical to our oversight role and the company's overarching governance. This role plays a key role in assessing the level of compliance and regulatory maturity across our businesses and potential regulatory and client outcome risks. This is accomplished by carrying out risk based monitoring and thematic reviews across the business, identifying and recommending a programme of proportionate risk mitigation across a broad range of business activities.
Key responsibilities include
- Be able to manage senior stakeholders and build relationships across the business, delivering constructive challenge and identifying solutions to address issues that are identified;
- Have a strong understanding of the UK's regulatory regime as it applies to general insurance activities;
- Have excellent communication (verbal and written), stakeholder management, influencing, teamwork and analytical skills;
- Have excellent planning and execution skills and be able to work objectively and independently, producing work within agreed timescales to a high standard; and,
- Travel to a range of UK destinations to undertake fieldwork.
- Previous experience undertaking a similar compliance monitoring/assurance role ideally in other brokers or insurers, or other areas of financial services.
- Can demonstrate the ability to be a persuasive and articulate communicator and capable of robust dialogue;
- Proven track record in delivering practical and actionable recommendations that are understood, taken on board and delivered by the business;
- Strong technical, practical and working knowledge of FCA GI regulation, knowledge of other relevant regulation/legislation such as GDPR and IDD are required, and a basic understanding of risk management principles would be beneficial;
- Likely to be educated to degree level and ACII or compliance qualification would be an advantage; and,
- Enjoys working in a dynamic and changing environment across a wide range of subject matter and business operations and working autonomously and as a member of the team
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.