This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing insurance specialist as they continue to grow their global footprint.
Reporting into the UK Head of Compliance this role will provide compliance oversight and leadership across their UK &I entities, while supporting the business in maintaining compliance with the requirements of industry and government lead regulation, within a framework of business efficiency;
As a seasoned compliance professional you will develop a robust monitoring framework that provides assurance to the Board and Senior Management Team. Critical to this role is the delivery of a monitoring programme across systems and controls and conduct of business that will identify that the firm meets its regulatory requirements or, if there are identified improvements to deliver recommendations for business change; managing and overseeing the Compliance Monitoring Team, collaborating with and drawing on resource from the wider Compliance Team as appropriate.
- Design and delivers robust monitoring frameworks, methodologies and programmes
- Manages assigned projects and contributes to other projects as required
- Provides relevant and timely management information to the Chief Compliance Officer and the Senior Management team
- To contribute to the Compliance Plan
- To work with senior operational management to ensure that compliance systems and controls remain appropriate
- Works with the Risk Management Function to deliver support in relation to regulatory risk
Knowledge & Experience required:
- Experience of working in Monitoring/Assurance/Testing across different aspects of financial services/financial markets
- Able to apply judgement from a regulatory perspective to internal and market information
- Good analytical, interpretation, influencing and communication skills; with an ability to communicate and network effectively and influence internal parties
- Ability to analyse and evaluate and sound judgement in determining appropriate actions/solutions
- Strong knowledge of FCA requirements specifically relating to insurance products within both ICOBs and COBs
- Strong experience of developing monitoring frameworks using a variety of desk based and field based tools
- Experienced in leading a compliance team
- Proven track record working with Board level management
- Able to take project manage effectively, ensuring that work stream scope and timelines are clearly understood, and all deliverables met to agreed standards
- Comfortable gathering, analysing and evaluating facts, as well as preparing and presenting concise oral and written reports
- Excellent investigative skills, with an ability to accurately analyse information
- A self-starter, able to take the lead and drive progress against complex delivery plans
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.