This is a lead Compliance role based in Luxembourg. Exciting opportunity to join this innovative speciality re/insurer.
Our client, an international speciality re/insurer who combine unrivalled experience and reputation, have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and forward thinking Compliance professional to join their European subsidiary.
Based in Luxembourg and reporting directly to the European General Manager and the Group Chief Compliance Officer, you will work closely with the global Compliance and Legal teams. This is a great opportunity to join this innovative re/insure and be accountable for their European insurance subsidiary in Luxembourg.
Key responsibilities include:
- In alignment with the Group Compliance framework ensure compliance with all relevant laws and regulatory requirements and assess the possible impact of any changes in the legal environment on the operations of our European entity. Support the development of our European Compliance framework including policies, guidelines, processes, controls, training and communication
- Liaise with the Group Compliance & Legal functions to provide enabling guidance to the Underwriting community with respect to EEA/Luxembourg requirements and internal compliance framework
- Produce reports and presentations for strategic management meetings (European entity and Group's management teams) on any relevant compliance matters.
- Advise the Board on compliance with the laws, regulations and administrative provisions with reference to the business underwritten whether locally or by the UK Branch
- Responsible for managing any regulator's requests for information, timely submission of returns and regulatory on-site audits ensuring full preparedness
- Process and manage regulatory approvals for executives and non-executives as required; deliver and arrange appropriate regulatory training for directors and staff as necessary
- Monitor any outsourced second- and third-line control functions to ensure they are being provided locally and the UK Branch in line with all local regulatory requirements and to an appropriate standard
- Responsible for dealing with Head Office and UK Branch complaints
- Creating and maintaining positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders; working collaboratively across locations and functions to ensure shared goals are being achieved
- Represent our European entity as well as the wider Compliance team in projects, working groups/committees as required
- Provide training on relevant compliance risks to Board members, Management team and staff as required
- Attend and engage with local Luxembourg (re)insurance market associations
Experience and knowledge required:
- Solid understanding of the mechanisms of the re/insurance industry, with relevant knowledge of Luxembourg and/or EU non-life re/insurance regulations and compliance requirements. Experience within the non-life re/insurance domain is highly desirable
- Proficient in understanding and transposing insurance regulatory and compliance requirements into effective and efficient operational frameworks
- Experienced in management report writing and preparation of presentations
- Highly collaborative and collegiate approach across functions and geographies, with the ability to work independently as required
- Fluent in written and spoken English. French is a plus
- Experience in regulatory interactions with the Commissariat aux Assurance (CAA) is a plus
- Ability to travel to the London office on a regular basis
- Flexible, adaptable, and proportionate approach
- Good organisation and prioritisation skills. Ability to take ownership and work in a highly dynamic and changing matrix environment
- Possesses a "can-do" attitude and a willingness to roll up sleeves
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.