Exciting opportunity to join this leading UK insurer focusing on their GI business. This is a Birmingham based role.
Support the Chief Risk Officer in overseeing the effective management of conduct risk in the General Insurance businesses and associated legal entities. Provide pro-active, accurate, timely and commercial advice on conduct risk matters for General Insurance business units and legal entities, enabling relevant areas to operate in accordance with regulatory standards, industry best practice and applicable Group standards.
Key responsibilities -
- Develop and deliver a strategy for the provision of regulatory advice to units to ensure that the implications of regulatory requirements are fully understood, and that a high standard of compliance is achieved on an ongoing basis in all business activities in line with our conduct risk appetite.
- Lead the approach to implementation of the Conduct Risk Framework within General Insurance to ensure that regulatory advice and effective second line challenge can be provided on relevant matters at an early stage, enabling the identification and effective management of relevant conduct risks and delivery of practical solutions to problems.
- Maintain effective working relationships with the Insurance & General Insurance CRO teams to ensure a free flow of information and to avoid duplication or conflict in the support provided to relevant business areas.
- Develop an approach to the timely identification of opportunities to enhance the management and oversight of relevant conduct risks, ensuring appropriate action is taken by relevant parties to deliver improvements.
- Work with the other members of the General Insurance CRO team and the business to ensure that new products and propositions developed within the General Insurance business are appropriate; meet the required customer outcomes and that Product Lifecycle Management requirements are met, including the delivery of a high standard of customer communications and product literature.
- Manage the provision of support for regulatory change initiatives to enable the identification and management of new and changing conduct risks, ensuring assurance is provided that necessary changes have been embedded effectively in relevant business areas and that responses are provided to consultations that may have significant impact on the General Insurance Division.
- Escalate any matters of significance to the Chief Risk Officer, Group Conduct Risk Director and business area senior management to ensure that appropriate and timely action can be taken, overseeing actions as appropriate.
- Develop and implement strategies to broaden internal and external networks and keep up to date with regulatory requirements and industry best practice to enable the provision of effective second line advice and guidance on conduct risk matters.
- To take the lead in all matters with regard to the management of employees, ensuring that management discretion is used in a consistent manner and that the area follows the Group's policies and procedures including the Partnership Agreement to maximise business performance.
Experience and skills required
- Strong regulatory knowledge of FCA rules and practical application.
- Good awareness of the wider business and regulatory environment and ability to understand the potential impacts of market and regulatory changes
- Sound understanding of the principles of risk management, especially in relation to regulatory and customer focused risks.
- Wide experience of the management of conduct risks, including the design and implementation of methodologies and practices.
- Wide experience interpreting and applying regulatory rules to practical scenarios and helping to devise compliant, commercially acceptable solutions
- Experience of leading and managing individuals and teams delivering complex and technical output.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.