This is a superb senior level opportunity at a highly entrepreneurial Alternative Asset Manager with a number of active funds that invest into liquid and illiquid markets. They have grown significantly in the last 10 years and are now pushing heavily in the credit space and in particular NPLs.
Owing to a successful fund raise and increase in AUM, this newly created position is a key senior appointment reporting into the FD and designed to oversee a small funds finance team who look after all reporting, operations and middle office activities for the firms credit funds.
Specifically, this will include:
* Leadership for a team of UK and Luxembourg based accountants who oversee all financial reporting to bond holders under IFRS/UK GAAP/Lux GAAP;
* Manage the detailed analysis of each credit investment to determine the accounting treatment and resulting financial impact;
* Liaising with the investment and asset management teams to produce bi-annual valuations of the Credit portfolio;
* Support the design, implementation and operating framework of each new Credit product;
* Responsible for the cost control function for all entities and portfolios within the Credit structures;
* Manage all treasury aspects of the Credit structures;
* Drive the automation across the reporting function while seeking to improve controls and enhance MI to senior management
* Point of contact for ad-hoc investor queries.
The ideal person will be a fully qualified accountant (ACA/CA preferred or equivalent) with extensive Finance and Operations experience in funds management and ideally a strong technical accounting skillset (ie: IFRS 9). This experience is likely to have been gained in a fixed income, credit or hedge fund with exposure to listed funds a big advantage. You will have an excellent academic record and be technically strong with an approachable and adaptable personality and inquisitive mindset. Longer term this role will develop and grow in responsibility and is likely to evolve into a chunkier position quickly with future fund raises already on the agenda.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.