A new position has arisen within the compliance function of one of the world’s largest insurance brokers. My client is looking for a new Head of Compliance UK & Ireland to manage the retail compliance advisory team and be the key point of contact with the retail business divisions regarding compliance policy and procedure affecting the business.
You will report into the group head of compliance and this opportunity should be of interest if you are a current head of compliance within the insurance industry or a senior manager looking to step up into a deputy/no 2 position. You will be a member of the compliance management team and be responsible for the management and development of 4 people. Previous experience of team management as well as commercial input into the strategy and direction of a compliance function is therefore essential.
As head of retail compliance you will be responsible for:
- Oversee the implementation of business-facing-related elements of the annual compliance monitoring plan
- Support the firm with FCA “deep dives”, thematic visits and other relevant external bodies
- Recruitment and selection of staff and their training and performance management
- Advising internal business leaders on the regulatory impact on new products, proposition developments and distribution channels
The company is one of the largest insurance brokers in the world and has consistently won Best Retail Broker and Best High-Net Worth Broker over the last 5 years. The business works on behalf of clients in every industry and is also at the forefront of innovation within the insurance world.
Key skills & experience
- In-depth understanding of regulatory rules, principles within an insurance setting
- Previous experience managing a team
- Previous experience dealing with senior exec/management
- Strong written & oral communication skills