Due to continued growth, this market leading speciality underwriting function are seeking a seasoned Compliance Manager. This newly created opportunity will support their new venture as they develop a Delegated Underwriting Authority (DUA) book involving coverholders located in overseas territories such as Europe and North America.
As the firm already has a strong framework around writing International Business this role will be pivotal to building the successful foundations for their new venture.
Key Accountabilities will include -
- Responsible for leading the onboarding and review of International DUA arrangements from a Risk & Compliance perspective. Engaging with internal stakeholders to secure approval/sign off for the DUAs.
- Such Delegated Authority arrangements will primarily involve Coverholders based in Europe and USA
- Accountable for seeking & applying external legal guidance to new and existing DUA opportunities within the agreed framework.
Experience & knowledge required -
- International Compliance background and proven track record within a 1st or 2nd line role within the General insurance sector.
- Strong Freedom of Services (including General Good) knowledge for European Economic Area countries. Ability to interpret external legal advice from a business perspective.
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills combined with collaborative approach
- Experience of Delegated Authority arrangements also an advantage.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.