The successful candidate will have 4-6 years experience in project/programme PMO or governance roles and with a track record in an investment banking environment ideally with exposure to Risk. They should be an ambitious self-starter looking to become an important part of a growing team. The successful candidate is expected to:
- Support Risk PMO lead in improving best practice and rolling out more robust governance processes.
- Taking ownership in helping to identify and drive improvements in governance, financial and resource tracking processes.
- Supporting the Regulatory Risk Programme Manager in the day to day running of the programme.
- Working closely with project managers to drive up the application of department and project management practices. Ensuring a consistent quality in keeping with department look and feel.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Identify, track and resolve breaches in project management and operational risk policies.
- QA monthly project status reporting and collating the monthly portfolio report. Working with project managers to raise the level consistently across all projects.
- QA project business cases and ensure minimum standards and milestones are in place
- Facilitate benefits tracking process
- Supporting project working groups and steering committees – including pack production consistent with standards.
- Support project budget tracking, resource recharges and disseminating information to project managers
- Maintaining resource tracking and headcount.
- Support programme planning activities.
- Ensuring all project information is accurately captured and stored in SharePoint
- Other ad-hoc governance tasks
Qualifications & Skills
- A minimum of 3 years direct working experience related to PMO / program governance
- A minimum of 5 years supporting a bank or financial services institution
- A self-starter capable of owning problems through to resolution
- Experience of working in the Financial Markets/global banking environment
- Team player who can collaborate across multiple functional areas and geographic locations
- Excellent communicator who can write and speak clearly, concisely, and convincingly, comfortable up to MD level.
- Conscientious and detail orientated, able to recognise compliance / non-compliance and act on findings
Desirable but not Essential
- Risk experience
- Exposure to new PMO set up/rollout
If you are interested in this role, please apply below or contact me for more information.
EA Licence: 16S8091 | EA Registration No: R1437484