A pioneering Private Equity firm with an exceptional reputation is seeking to appoint a Portfolio Data Analyst into a newly created role. This crucial new position will be an essential point of contact and partner to the investment team, sitting in finance but supporting a busy and highly active front office with a mixture of data analysis and financial modelling. Whilst this role will offer phenomenal exposure to the deal lifecycle, it's very much a front office support position aimed at someone coming from a data analytics orientated background.
Responsibilities will include:
- Liaising directly with portfolio company finance departments and internal investment team members on a monthly basis to collect and review financial and KPI data.
- Contributing towards and liaising with several stakeholders on a strategic partnership initiative for the development and maintenance of a portfolio management and monitoring system.
- Work with the wider commercial team to improve data quality within the firm and on various associated platforms.
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analysis, dashboards etc to drive key business decisions.
- Work and liaise with BI Developers to make sure the data is structured correctly for reporting purposes.Coach and mentor others in best practices.
- At least 5 years or equivalent experience in an analytical/quantitative role, preferably in private equity or buy side or alternatively from a large accounting firm
- BI reporting and data visualisation skills (ie: PowerBI, Click Sense, Tableau, etc)
- Strong know how of query languages: SQL, Python or similar
- Excellent communication skills; adept at writing analysis and commentary for senior stakeholders
- Happy and comfortable in a reasonably autonomous role that would work across finance and front office and require you to be proactive and inquisitive
If you are interested in this role, please apply below or contact me for more information.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.