Due to continued growth and expansion, this global intermediary is looking to hire a seasoned compliance professional to manage and oversee their growing Regulatory Change function.
Key responsibilities include:
- Review and interpret new regulatory requirements and other publications from regulators including enforcement cases / final notices.
- Raise awareness of upcoming regulatory requirements to compliance senior management for onwards communication, including assessment of potential impact on each pillar, plus preparation of relevant information for the Chief Risk Officer (UK) to communicate to relevant Boards and committees.
- Coordinate collaboration promote consistency of approach for new and existing regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate and maintain oversight of progress on implementing new regulatory requirements and escalate to Compliance Leadership and Governance Committees.
- Coordinate/ prepare responses to regulator consultations either via industry groups or directly.
- Swiftly identify application of new regulatory requirements and other publications across our UK entities and provide easy to understand guide
- Collaborate with each entities to agree on policy of key regulatory requirements, taking into account interpretation of new requirements, on business models, impact, UK risk appetite and implementation capabilities.
- Maintain on-going oversight of the suitability of policy positions, in light of changes to the business or changes to regulatory expectations (or interpretation thereof).
Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience working in a second line compliance role within a non-life insurance broker / insurer, ideally in a technical compliance role
- Good knowledge of FCA requirements specifically relating to Non-life insurance products within ICOBs (MCOBS & COBS, desirable but not essential).
- Good knowledge of the FCA handbook including - PRIN, SYSC, SUP, ICOBS, CONC, PERG.
- Good knowledge and understanding of insurance, principles, products and services.
- Previous experience of managing other compliance professionals (not essential)
- Experience of creating engagement with senior management.
- Speciality and Retail Experience.
- Compliance Industry or Internal Audit recognised qualifications desirable but not essential depending on relevant experience.
- Strong regulatory focus
- Ability to respond to developments quickly and work independently at pace.
- Ability to understand the detail of regulatory publications and their application.
- Ability to build effective relationships with senior managers and other key stakeholders within the Pillars and across the Group.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Pragmatic - able to determine how regulatory requirements should be translated into business processes.
- Ability to articulate complex regulatory themes or requirements concisely.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Sound judgement to produce suitable information at the appropriate level.
- *HYBRID working and numerous locations across the UK *
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.