Due to continued growth, this specialist underwriter are seeking a seasoned compliance professional to join their Dublin based entity.
As the lead for risk and compliance you will be responsible for the assessment and management of regulatory risk to the business. Lead the development of procedures which are necessary in order to manage this risk to within the Board's risk appetites.To provide oversight on all Compliance matters related to our Irish entity, and partner our distribution partners across Europe.
Key Responsibilities include -
- To play a key role within the Senior Management team to help ensure that an appropriately transparent business culture is developed which ensures ethical behaviour of staff and fair behaviour to the business's clients
- To be ultimately responsible for the relationship with the CBI, and other European state regulators
- To be responsible for the management of any on-site risk assessment reviews by any regulator including the subsequent actioning of any action plan
- To advise the senior Executive on how best to meet regulatory requirements whilst being sympathetic to commercial needs
- To ensure appropriate consideration and subsequent communication and implementation where required of regulatory requirements
- To report to the Board on any issues arising from the regulatory requirements
- To report to the Board on regulatory requirement changes which require changes to systems and procedures
- To ensure that appropriate records are maintained which will provide evidence that regulatory requirements have been met
- To monitor timely adherence to regulatory and compliance requirements
- To sign regulatory compliance returns as necessary
- To obtain Board approval of the annual compliance plan
- To work collaboratively with the Group Chief Risk Officer, Group Head of Compliance, and the Head of Internal Audit to ensure that the three lines of defence model works effectively within the business
- To ensure that appropriate internal systems and controls are in place and understood by all relevant staff and to make recommendations to the Board and executive management for improvements to internal controls to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- To be responsible for ensuring that all appropriate members of staff receive adequate training with respect to Financial Crime and Sanctions
- In conjunction with the Group CRO, create an integrated risk framework
- Assess risk throughout the organisation
- Quantify risk limits, identify and log risks and develop plans to mitigate risks
- Monitor the progress of risk mitigation activities
- Create and disseminate risk measurements and reports
- Communicate to the Board and the CRO on a regular basis regarding the risk profile of the business
Requirements & Qualifications -
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Appropriate industry professional qualification or legal qualification
- Relevant experience of working within insurance organisation in a legal/compliance/risk role
- Acquire and maintain appropriate approvals required of the role with the Central Bank of Ireland
- Thorough understanding of CBI requirements. Good basic understanding of other European regulator's requirements.
- Good understanding of relevant legal and international compliance rules.
- Strong team player able to apply a range of approaches to ensure that team members and delegated authority holders operate effectively and to the business' expectations
- A pragmatic problem solver able to offer a range of solutions where required with due regard to both customer and business needs
- A self-starter with the ability to balance a range of competing priorities and maintain focus on the key deliverables
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.