Combining industry expertise with data analytics, insuretech and design this entrepreneurial organisation are seeking a mid-level Risk, Compliance and Data Protection Officer (DPO) to drive forward a number of challenging and interesting data projects.
This is a multi-faceted role, reporting to the Chief Operating Officer and will have responsibility for managing the scope, design, implementation and roll-out of a fit for purpose risk and compliance framework. The framework will set the bar for required levels of I.T. and regulatory compliance, in order to maintain silent running, mitigate risk and improve operational efficiency.
This is an exciting opportunity for a seasoned professional who enjoys working in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment, who has an interest in data analytics activities and to identify and establish an effective but proportionate risk and compliance controls.
The role involves a good understanding of compliance requirements for a firm that while un-regulated, services external customers that are subject to FCA outsourcing due diligence, while working alongside various functions such as: Data Assurance, Software Engineering, Project Delivery teams and Group Risk and Compliance teams.
Experience and knowledge required:
- Experience of creating and implementing a proportionate robust risk and compliance framework in an Insurance or Financial Services environment
- Experience of implementing business change in a data and technology organisation
- Experience of ISO27001 implementation
- Technical expertise with defining data quality dimensions and ability to translate into business requirements
- Proven track record and knowledge of GDPR
- Experience of designing and implementing a book of compliance checklist/rules and KPIs for an insurance firm
- Process modelling experience
- Change management expertise
- Stakeholder management experience and influencing skills
- Experience using data governance tooling
- Experience of creating compliance standards and codification
- Experience of creating attestation processes and monitoring change over time with a view to process improvement
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.