The most successful risk & governance careers have a mixture of consulting and industry experience (throw in a stint at the regulator and you’re on your way to the top)! The UK insurance industry is entering a challenging period with political, sociological and technology factors all impacting an insurer’s long term vision and future growth. It is therefore imperative that general insurers, brokers and life companies are aware of the risks that could impact their business and are taking the right advice. Because of this, a number of professional services firms are expanding their insurance risk teams to cover both enterprise risk management and financial risk management.
With the above in mind, one of the Big Four professional services firms is looking to do just that. It’s a perfect opportunity to diversify your expertise and gain experience working across a very wide range of projects with a number of prestigious insurance clients. The breadth of experience you will gain from working on transformational projects across the insurance sector will not just broaden your skills and interests but position you at the forefront of a talent pool that is highly competitive.
It is also an opportunity to build new and existing relationships with insurance clients by providing high quality advisory services and delivering risk management services ensuring outcomes are consistent with the project’s requirements.
Experience & background
- Insurance industry experience either within another consulting firm or part of the risk function of an insurance company
- In-depth knowledge how risk is managed within insurance companies and how risk functions exercise oversight of financial and insurance risk
- Understanding of risk appetite, risk reporting, stress & scenario testing and capital management
- Proven track record in project management and delivering high quality work on time and to budget
- Understanding of how regulatory requirements impact London market firms, retail GI insurers and retail life insurers
If you are interested in this position or any other career opportunities within compliance then email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Guy Fraser on 02070923229 for a confidential conversation.