Due to continued growth and expansion Risk professional to join a busy, fast-paced Risk & Compliance team.
Report to the Senior Risk Officer and will work closely with the UK Chief Risk Officer, and members of senior management team. There is significant scope for the role holder to shape this role, and to meaningfully contribute to the enhancements to the Risk Management Framework which are underway.
The roleholder will be required to conduct regular reviews of risk registers with management across our business but also to build and implement an approach to assessing the more ad-hoc elements of risk which can impact our business including project risks, risks linked to commercial transactions, M&A, and annual strategy and budget risks.
In addition, the roleholder will be required to shift the focus of risk reporting to become more forward-looking by introducing amended Key Risk Indicators (KRIs), and implementing stress testing and scenario analyses.
The role will work alongside the various operational business units, as well as with its more centralised control functions such as Risk. There will be engagement with core Group central functions such as I.T., Legal, HR and Procurement, and the role will also require close engagement with other teams and SME's within in the wider Group.
- Support the embedding of our Risk Management Framework and identify and implement improvements and enhancements in conjunction with the Senior Risk Officer.
- Conduct regular risk reviews with management to ensure that our risk register provides an up-to-date and accurate description of the risk profile for our business.
- Undertake ad-hoc risk reviews of significant projects, commercial transactions, strategy and annual plans with a focus on financial risks.
- Develop a suite of Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) to demonstrate whether we are operating within risk appetite.
- Develop and implement an approach to emerging risks.
- Establish value-adding relationships with risk owners.
- Enhance the processes for management of risk events, including root cause analysis and reporting.
- Own the Risk Management System (RMS) and represent our business in the Group-wide project to replace the current RMS.
- 3 years' experience within a Risk function in a financial services firm, preferably within the insurance sector.
- Financial or Risk qualification, for example ACA or IRM, with an excellent understanding of how and where financial risk can arise.
- A working knowledge of risk reporting
- Excellent relationship building skills.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.