Reputable global financial services institution is seeking a seasoned compliance professional to lead their Hong Kong asset management compliance function.
Acting as the manager-in-charge of compliance for their asset management business in Hong Kong and with wider asia coverage, the incumbent is mainly responsible for executing independent second line of defense activities, including establishing and maintaining policies and procedures to independently oversee Asia’s compliance and monitoring activites.
This role will also include assessing the effectiveness of Asia’s compliance framework with in relation to regulatory requirements, and reporting on and escalating material, current and emerging compliance-related issues.
The incumbent, as a member of the Hong Kong compliance team, will also engage in various compliance related bank-wise initiatives.
- Work with senior management to define and communicate Asia’s compliance risk appetite.
- Set policies and procedures for adherence to relevant legal and regulatory requirements; and monitor compliance with the established policies and procedures.
- Oversee the first line’s adherence that define the standards, activities and day to day responsibilities for complying with regulatory requirements and managing compliance-related risk.
- Advise management regarding compliance-related matters.
- Provide independent compliance oversight, monitoring, testing and assessment of the effectiveness and efficiency of compliance controls for business processes and practices.
- Provide effective second line of defense challenge to the business.
- Report compliance issues to appropriate levels of management and ensure management develops and implements appropriate action plans to resolve the issues.
- Monitor and report on compliance with related party transaction and self-dealing requirements.
- Manage and report as appropriate on escalated ethical, anti-corruption and privacy matters.
- Manage compliance related project for both banking business and asset management business.
- Bachelor Degree in finance/legal/risk or related discipline(s)
- 10-15 years asset management compliance or relevant experience.
- Knowledge in ETF’s and institutional business is an advantage.
- Knowledge in cross border regulatory requirements.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Strong time management and ability to work effectively under pressure.