I’m currently working on an interesting opportunity with one of the world’s largest insurance brokerage and risk management services firms. They are looking to appoint a Senior Compliance Monitoring Manager for their reinsurance division. The company is one of the top 10 brokers in the world but offers a full range of training programmes aimed at supporting you in further career development.
The compliance team is very well respected both inside and outside the organisation. You will be working closely with the head of compliance monitoring to ensure all regulatory requirements are being met by the reinsurance division. This is a high performing team and it is expected you will be able to demonstrate (CV/application) and articulate (interview) the following:-
- How you have put in place systems and controls to deliver policy and monitoring support within a reinsurance firm
- What compliance projects you have led/supported on including thematic reviews
- How you have monitored regulatory changes and analysed what impact they will have on a retail/personal lines insurance firm
- How you have balanced compliance risks with commercial considerations in order to minimise financial and reputational loss
- How you are seen as a trusted advisor within the business
In order to be successful in this position, you will have to be an individual who has extremely strong communication skills as dealing with and liaising with senior stakeholders across the business is imperative. You must have a proven track record of delivering on process improvements as well as engaging and influencing people at all levels of a business.
Summary of key requirements
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements within a reinsurance setting
- Relevant professional qualification or degree preferred
- Good attention to detail