I’m currently working on an interesting opportunity with one of the world’s largest specialty commercial (re)insurers. They are looking to appoint a Senior Compliance Monitoring Officer with experience of assuring senior management that all regulatory requirements are being met. The firm is seen as a market leader in the specialty and general insurance markets and, with over 2500 employees across 26 global offices, opportunities for progression and development are actively encouraged.
You will be joining a high performing team and will support and work with the Head of Compliance Monitoring to design, develop and implement a robust CMP (compliance monitoring plan). This is a senior level role and it is expected you will be able to demonstrate (CV/application) and articulate (interview) the following:-
- How you have developed and implemented a compliance review methodology of an insurance business. This should include documentation, audit trails, testing and reporting.
- How you have implemented monitoring plan within an insurance firm against pre-agreed deliverables.
- How you have gone about conducting a monitoring review within an insurance firm.
- What project work you have been involved in.
- How you have developed and trained junior members of the team
(Applications should at least cover some/if not all of the above. The client would also consider somebody who works within a 3rd line audit function who is looking to move into compliance).
This is not just a “tick the box” monitoring position. There is a strong commercial need for enhancements to existing systems and controls and you will be expected to advise on these to senior management.
In order to be successful in this position, you will have to be an individual who has extremely strong communication skills as dealing with and liaising with senior stakeholders across the business is imperative. You must have a proven track record of delivering on process improvements as well as engaging and influencing people at all levels of a business.
Monitoring is one of the fastest growing areas within insurance compliance departments at the moment and this is a huge opportunity to build on your existing experience and skillset.
Key Requirements (PLEASE READ BEFORE SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION)
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements within an insurance setting
- Experience of leading a monitoring review from planning stages to final reporting
- Relevant professional qualification or degree preferred
- Good attention to detail