Global specialist insurer with a reputation for developing innovative products is seeking an experience compliance professional to join their growing office in Barcelona.
This is a newly created Compliance opportunity supporting their Global Programmes function in an advisory capacity on cross-border licensing and related regulatory and business matters. Ensuring effective oversight of global programmes matters, this role will have an emphasis on European global programmes, while providing ideas and assisting with the implementation of a framework and structure that supports regulatory compliance.
Key Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Collect and maintain applicable legal and regulatory requirements globally, in order to provide effective cross-border insurance and reinsurance solutions to its customers.
- Support the Global Programmes team and the business with applicable global programmes structuring and cross-border solution design expertise.
- Work with and maintain strong and effective relationships with key regulators and other relevant authorities.
- Assist and oversee horizon scanning in relation to global programmes, keeping abreast of related key regulatory and legislative changes which may impact on our businesses.
- Provide oversight, support on relevant regulatory reviews.
- Provide compliance advice to the business in relation to cross-border insurance licensing.
- Develop in-depth understanding of our operations, customers and plans, and assist in developing and implementing various measures necessary for embedding compliance. This includes implementing frameworks, policies, procedures, processes and systems for cross-border insurance, creating and conducting training and drafting bulletins and communications.
- Assist in the design and implementation of periodic compliance risk assessments.
- Advise, train and support more junior members of the Compliance team.
- Ensure that applicable compliance, regulatory and licensing requirements are met in relation to the creation, onboarding and maintenance of a global network of insurers.
- Effectively build partnerships with internal stakeholders. Maintain a close working relationship with the business. Provide excellent customer service to the internal business and support teams so that all teams go to Compliance for support in ensuring they carry out their roles in a compliant fashion
Skills and Experience required -
- In-depth regulator relations experience in an insurance-related company/organisation desirable
- Experience of regulatory / compliance capacity supporting the insurance industry across multiple territories
- Experience of providing licensing and cross-border insurance advice is highly advantageous
- Experience of providing compliance and support to global/international insurance programmes is highly advantageous
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and another European Language skills
- Demonstrated ability to build strong partnering relationships with a wide range of stakeholders and to challenge, negotiate with, influence and persuade stakeholders at all levels
- Strong legal research skills, with a focus on insurance regulatory research
- Ability to determine, understand and analyse legal/regulatory requirements and their impact on insurance contracts and business practices and plans, develop solutions
- Ability to be proactive and work with a degree of independence and autonomy
- Analytical, with good attention to detail and the ability to produce high quality advice
- Strong organisational skills and ability to work on multiple tasks
- Ability to appreciate the importance of, track and meet deadlines, manage stakeholders' expectations, and effectively prioritise work
- Energetic, enthusiastic, and positive
- Collaborative, team player
- Professional & pragmatic with the ability to demonstrate commercial acumen
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.