Business facing senior leadership opportunity to oversee all corporate accounting at a growing alternative asset manager and a superb move for anyone aspiring to move down the FD/CFO route longer term.
The fund is a UK headquartered house, with a collegiate, friendly and high performing culture; lots of year on year success stories and a highly regarded 'brand name'.
This role will have end to end responsibility for all internal/external reporting and analysis for one of their fund strategies and would suit someone from a corporate or financial/management accounting background in a buy side firm, be that traditional asset and wealth management or at an alternatives firm like private equity, private debt / credit, real estate or a hedge fund.
Financial Accounting and Reporting
* Reporting the results of your business in line with the Global Reporting timetable
* Cash management including cash flow analysis, banking arrangements etc
* Management fee analysis and tracking
* Monitor the GP funds recharging
* Present snapshots and dashboards for the Managing Partner and senior leadership team
* Work with the FP&A team to prepare the annual budget seeking input from strategy heads and maintain monthly forecasting
* Line management responsibility for an additional team member whose role includes monthly management accounts and reporting pack, inter-group recharging, invoices, purchase ledger, expenses etc
* Manage the carry scheme reporting
Statutory & Regulatory
* Manage the annual financial audits & oversight on the preparation of the annual financial statements
* Liaise with the tax specialist on matters related to tax
* Build and update the ICAAP / ICARA
* Attend Investment Committee and Board meetings
* Review of financial statements and other financial information prepared by various third party administrators for a number of externally administered entities (limited companies and partnerships)
* Preparation of financial information for internal stakeholders (including the Group Audit & Risk Committee and other governance bodies) and external stakeholders (banks, shareholders etc)
* Qualified accountant - ACA, CA, ACCA or equivalent - and likely around the 6-8 years plus PQE with proven experience in a similar finance manager or financial controller role in a complex business
* Relevant experience within the financial services sector, ideally within an investment management firm
* Experience of working with Infor Sun Systems or OneStream consolidation tool would be useful but not essential; advanced excel skills
* Highly driven and motivated individual, with the patience and ambition to build a rewarding career with a leading firm
* Excellent organisational skills: the role requires the individual to be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously across a variety of products and work streams.
* Strong analytical and numeracy skills and intellectual curiosity
* Highly personable, with the desire and ability to create relationships across the Group's network
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.