A varied, hands on and career defining opportunity at a fast growing, diverse and inclusive Venture Capital firm, suited to an experienced fund accountant or fund controller coming from a background in VC or Private Equity. With an impressive portfolio of investments spanning a mixture of UK based start ups and scale ups, this newly created role will be joining a small but rapidly expanding finance team with the chance to be the main point of contact for all fund accounting activities in an outsourced model.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring all portfolio information and KPI's are accurately captured.
- Preparing quarterly valuations.
- Review and oversight of accounts prepared by fund administrators (quarterly).
- Review of annual statutory accounts ensuring that they are completed on time and are accurate and timely.
- Main point of contact with auditors on the funds side; key liaison with fund administrators.
- Managing subscription facility; covenant reporting and loan tracking.
- Review of drawdown and distribution notices.
- Assist the CFO with side letter provisions.
- Involvement in plenty of ad hoc projects and process improvement initiatives given the fund/finance team is still relatively new(ish).
- Qualified accountant (essential) with a background in fund accounting for private equity or venture capital funds ideally; happy to also look at people from related asset classes like debt, credit, infra or real estate. Probably in the region of 5 years PQE plus or equivalent.
- Strong academics and ideally from a top performing UK or international University.
- Self-starter, can pick up things easily and with excellent attention to detail.
- Flexible and adaptable; happy to turn your hand to a variety of tasks.
- First class communication skills! This is a small fund of c20 people, everyone knows everyone and this role will build relationships with stakeholders across front office and externally at fund administrators, Big 4, lawyers etc so you must be adaptable and approachable with a diplomatic style.
- Happy to be office based for 3 to 4 days a week.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.