Leading specialist insurance group is seeking an experienced risk professional to join their 2nd line risk function. Report to the International Head of Risk, the main purpose of the role is to take ownership of the day to day maintenance of all the qualitative elements of the risk management framework, with some quantitative work included. This role has both qualitative and quantitative responsibilities (approximate split 90%/10% respectively) and will involve significant direct interaction with the business, requiring the individual to demonstrate strong communication and collaboration skills.
In addition, the role will also support the work being undertaken to implement an Operational Resilience framework in line with regulatory expectations.
- Support the Head of Risk with Operational Resilience framework implementation.
- Shared management of quarterly risk register review process and maintenance of related documentation.
- Shared management of manual data accuracy reporting processes and production of summary results for Operational Risk Group.
- Shared management of the Operational Near Miss and Loss Register and monthly update process
- Shared management of the operational risk scenario analysis process for each of our entities.
- Shared management of the non-technical aspects of validation, including production of non-technical validation report.
- Assist Head of Risk with the production of risk management information for governance committees.
- Produce risk reports for Risk and Capital Management Committee.
- Review and update, where necessary, qualitative risk documentation.
- Assisting Head of Risk with maintenance of the Emerging Risks register and framework, including performing deep dive reviews.
- Assist Head of Risk with production of ORSA reports all business entities
Skills and Experience required -
- In depth insurance industry experience, within a Risk/second line function.
- Educated to degree level and/or relevant professional qualification, e.g. Institute of Risk Management, CII.
- Strong analytical, written and communication skills.
- Strong organisational and planning skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Effectively operate in a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
- Effectively operate on a remote/home-working basis.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic
- Strong Excel skills.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.