Our client is an insurance software provider that has built an exciting software tool which fundamentally changes how companies who sell insurance can design and deliver insurance products to the market. They work directly with Insurers, Managing General Agents (MGA's), and Brokers, using leading-edge technologies. They have many global clients that benefit from the significant speed coupled with time and cost savings for the insurance sector. After several years spent designing and building the platform, it is now being used globally by some of the world's largest insurance companies. With this explosion in growth and interest in the products, the company is expanding globally and looking for highly talented people to join the team.
We would like to speak to intuitive and client focussed people in the Insurance market. As a Technical Account Manager based in London, you will be responsible for managing UK clients. This is a customer facing role focusing on identifying and meeting clients, understanding the client's needs, and participating in gathering requirements while providing technical, product, and business knowledge to support sales processes and strengthen customer relationships. No prior experience of the platform is required but exposure to the insurance industry is a requirement. This person has the ability to clearly communicate, be intuitive in understanding client requirements, and be part of a team to deliver the solution to the clients requirements. The clients face technology and resource constraints which mean that new insurance products and/or offerings could take a very long time to launch and be very costly. With the unique platform, insurers can build their products, set their distribution networks, test and launch their products in unprecedented timescales. The person in this role will ensure our customers can successfully and easily do all these things and more.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Identifying and meeting with prospective and existing clients in the insurance industry to understand their pain points while identifying ways that an insurance SAAS product can help them
- Promoting products and services while addressing and predicting the client objectives
- Partnering with other employees to prepare sales contracts ensuring adherence to laws and guidelines
- Maintain a realistic pipeline indicating the true status of prospective clients
- Partnering with other employees to manage, support, and retain key accounts
- Conduct technical demonstrations of the software
- Partnering with the service delivery and engineering teams to support and configure the design of the product for the client
- The role will require travel to client sites within the UK & Ireland
- A degree in Business, Maths, Computer Science, or equivalent degree is an asset
- Proven professional experience in an account/relationship manager, business development or sales role in a B2B environment
- Understanding of and working within the insurance terminology is a must
- Intermediate to advanced working knowledge of Excel is a must
- Must be commercially savvy with strong listening skills
- Proven ability to be organized and prioritize
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a flair to express technical concepts in an everyday language
- Excellent PowerPoint and CRM skills (e.g.: Salesforce)
- Confident presentations and negotiation skills in English
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with senior management at the client site
- Ability to multi-task and handle competing deadlines in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- A take ownership and client facing outlook
- Process oriented outlook understanding when to involve other members of the team whether that be senior executives, engineers, or configuration analysts
Useful but not essential:
- Exposure to insurance product design, e-trading or TCF guidelines
- Stakeholder management or workshop facilitation experience is an asset
If you are interested in this role please apply below or contact me for more information.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.