To help the firm and related Distribution entities meet the Board's risk appetite for regulatory risk by ensuring that the Group complies with Lloyd's / PRA / FCA rules & regulations and any other regulatory requirements applicable to the business on a day-to-day basis.
To provide timely Compliance Advice to the business, ensuring our Group Compliance Minimum Standards and Group Norms are implemented throughout.
- To provide prompt verbal and written advice to the business, in respect of regulatory requirements, sanctions, export controls, insurance/insurance intermediary licensing and corporate policies and procedures
- To review and draft summaries of notices, bulletins and requests received from Lloyd's, the PRA, FCA and other relevant regulators.
- To assess potential matches identified by the sanctions monitoring tool.
- To keep up to date with new sanctions and any changes to export controls and licensing requirements and summarise the impact these will have
- To draft internal guidance and procedures relating to sanctions, export controls and licensing
- To assess regulatory changes and business changes and identify solutions/enhancements to processes that may be required to ensure continued adherence to legal and regulatory requirements.
- To draft summaries and advice for Senior Management describing new /changes to regulation together with the recommended course of action for necessary to comply with the requirements
- To draft new policies, procedures and work instructions, and updates to existing policies, procedures and work instructions to meet regulatory requirements or implement corporate policies
- To track the implementation of group corporate policies and ensure new policies and procedures and enhancements to existing policies and procedures are adopted, published and communicated
- To monitor and maintain a log of any potential breaches of byelaws or regulations.
- To produce Compliance key indicators monthly and quarterly and provide a written analysis of any exceptions or notable point.
- To ensure Compliance training is provided on a timely basis, to monitor completion of the training, and to chase individuals who have not completed the training on time.
- To assist with the training of junior Compliance staff and to be an active and enthusiastic member of the Compliance team.
- To update central logs relating to money laundering, bribery, corruption or fraud issues and to assist where required with any investigations.
- To help drive forward good conduct for the business to deliver the best outcomes for customers/policyholders.
- To handle complaints
Knowledge & Experience required:
- Proven recent experience working in a compliance / regulatory role within the Lloyd's market/London Company market.
- Experience of providing timely advice to the front office/underwriters (e.g. sanctions, export controls, licensing).
- Comprehensive understanding of current regulatory environment.
- Understanding of business strategy and the work of the other departments within the organisation.
- Must have a track record of solving problems and delivering solutions to the business.
If you are interested in this role, please apply below or contact me for more information.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.