Reputable financial services organisation are seeking an experienced transaction and monitoring specialist. Reporting to an experienced SVP, this role will oversee a small team.
- Render prompt and constructive advices to business units and support units on anti-money laundering (“AML”) and counter-terrorist financing (“CTF”) matters.
- According to established procedures and stipulated turnaround times, (a) all internal unusual activity escalations are handled, investigated and concluded, and (b) all alerts generated by detection systems and any other monitoring tools are reviewed and actioned in proper and timely manners. Promptly escalate possible or confirmed aging cases.
- All suspicious activity reporting are duly reviewed and submitted to law enforcement unit as soon as practicable. Proactively follow up with law enforcement unit on its responses and required actions.
- Keep abreast of legal and regulatory developments and perform gap analysis where necessary. Act as key liaison officer with business units and support units to clarify issues arisen from updates in local laws, regulations or market practices.
- Participate in ad-hoc AML and transaction surveillance projects and initiatives.
- Perform assessment on new or revised product / service from AML and transaction surveillance perspectives.
- Report AML and transaction surveillance matters on regular basis. Timely escalate issues with high priorities or posing significant risks.
- Involve in preparations for internal or external examinations.
Requirements - Experience and Qualifications:
- Degree holder in business or related disciplines
- Minimum 8 years relevant experience of transaction monitoring & reporting / AML acquired from international banks
- Strong understanding on consumer, corporate and private banking products, services and transactions
- Strong knowledge on AML / CTF regulatory requirements, compliance and risk control concept
- Ability to cope with highly demanding and fast paced banking environment and competent to work in a matrix international organization
- Excellent inter-personal, leadership, communication, and negotiation skills, and an ability to network, successfully ‘engage’ and influence business